HOW IT WORKS
1. On arrival, the intending purchasers register at the bid table and receive a
a buyer number.
2. All rams are displayed for inspection as usual, with relevant information
provided in the catalogue .
3. When the sale commences, all rams are on the market simultaneously. You
may bid on any ram, regardless of lot number, by filling in a card and handing
it to a 'runner'.
4. You may open the bidding at its "upset price"of $500 and further bids in
multiples of $50 will be accepted.There is no limit on the size of bid.
5. Bids are recorded with the buyers number on a large board adjacent to the
ram display area. You can bid on any number of rams at once and can see at
a glance whether your bid still stands or has been overbid.
6. There is no pressure to commit yourself to another bid. If your first choice
ram goes over the limit you can still bid on any other ram on sale.
7. A bid once submitted and recorded cannot be retracted, and the person
responsible for submitting such a bid will be responsible for it until it is overbid.
8. The sale will remain open for a minimum of ten minutes. A bid registered in
the last two minutes will result in a two minute time extension.
9. Further bids would trigger the same process until no more bids are
received in a specified period, which would signify the end of the sale. ( Note
that the bidding interval may remain at two minutes throughout or may be
shortened progressively to as little as 15 seconds to speed up the sale.)
This method of buying rams combines the good features of both the auction system
and sale by private treaty. You get the opportunity to bid on and buy any ram in the
offering and you pay competitive market value without any pressure.
1. You have more time to consider lodging a bid. You can place genuine
bids on any ram of your choice at any time during the sale period.
2. You have the opportunity to re-assess each lot during the sale period
without any pressure to make an instant decision.
3. You have the opportunity to take home the rams you want , irrespective
of lot order. For example, having been out-bid on lot 36, your first choice,
you canmove back to your second choice ram earlier in the catalogue, for
example lot 7.
4. If you need more than one ram , Helmsman gives you flexibility and time
to average your purchase costs.